IMPORTANT: You need to carefully read and accept the following license agreements to download and play the game Gnoblins. The installation contains, additionally to the game Gnoblins, the for playing of the game necessary scripting language lua.
License for Lua
The license for the scripting language Lua is cited here (source: lua webpage).
Copyright © 1994–2012 Lua.org, PUC-Rio. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
License for Gnoblins
License contract (Version 1.00)between
Michael Stachorski, c/o Kanzlei Rudnick, Breitestraße 12, 45657 Recklinghausen, Germany -licenser-
licensees of the contract according to § 1 of this agreement – later referred to as -licensee-
§ 1 Subject of Agreement
(1) The subject of this contract is the gratuitous cession of the alpha version of the referred-to computer game GNOBLINS(in here later referred to as computer program) and the granting of user right to the licensee mentioned in § 2.
(2) Technical support, installation or configuration performances are not subject of this agreement.
(3) The use of computer program is granted to the licensee without time limitations.
§ 2 Concession of Rights
(1) The licenser grants the unremunerated, territorial and temporal unlimited right (for the validity duration of the protection right to the computer program) – inalienable and reserved according to § 3 – to use the computer in the following way:
(2) The licensee may retrieve the computer program from the website of the licenser and may store it on the mass storage device of his/her computer. Further, the licensee may duplicate the computer program, as long as duplication, i.e. for installation or loading it to the main memory of the computer, is necessary for the use of the computer program.
(3) The licensee may not make further duplications, including the printing of the program code, except for a back-up copy.
(4) The licensee may use the computer program on any hardware available to him/her. If the licensee changes the hardware, he/she is obliged to delete the computer program from the priory used hardware. Simultaneous upload, storage or use of the computer program on more than one piece of hardware is prohibited.
§ 3 Conditions of Use
(1) The usage rights according to § 2 of this agreement are granted under the following conditions:
(a) The licensee may only use the computer program according to the conditions this license. He may not demand or offer contractual or user conditions that limit the scope of this license or rights granted by this license. The computer program must not be under-licensed.
(b) The concessions of rights according to § 2 only applies for actions not intended to gain commercial advantages or financial benefits. (non-commercial use).
(c) The computer program must not be passed on to third parties or offered on servers for downloading.
§ 4 Warranty
The licenser offers the computer program and grants user rights under exclusion of any warranty and does not explicitly or implied take over any kind of guarantee, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing or if defects have been fraudulently concealed. This applies to the exemption of material defects or lacks of titles, regardless of the perceptibility for the licenser, its use for a specified purpose as well as the correctness of descriptions. This limitation of guarantee does not apply if defects are caused by the licenser and result in damages mentioned in § 5.
§ 5 Decompilation and Alteration of the program
(1) The re-transformation of the program code into other code formats (decompilation) as well as other forms of reverse engineering of the software, including alterations of the program, is prohibited.
(2) Copy right notations, serial numbers as well as other methods of identifying the program must not be removed or altered. The same applies to the suppression of the on-screen display of such notations.
§ 6 Liability
(1) The licenser is unlimitedly liable for damages to life, body or health due to negligent violations of contractual duties by the licenser or due to intentional or negligent violations of duties of a legal representative or vicarious agent of the licenser.
(2) Further liability of the licenser is excluded.
(3) The above mentioned exclusion of liability also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives or organs of the licenser.
(4) Liability for the loss of data is limited to the typical expense for restoration which would occur during the regular production of back-up copies.
§ 7 Expiry of the License
(1) This license and the user rights granted by it effectively expire in case of violations of contractual duties by the licensee, without the necessity of the licenser to be informed or to take further actions by one of the contractual parties.
(2) Subject to the above mentioned conditions, this license is valid until the legal protection for this computer program expires. Despite that, the licenser remains entitled to offer the computer program under different license conditions or to cease distributing the computer program at any time.
§ 8 Further Regulations
(1) If a single regulation of this license is invalid, the effectiveness of other regulations remains unchallenged.
(2) No regulation of this license shall be considered non-waivable and no violation shall be considered just, unless the by abandonment or violation aggrieved party has provided a written consent.
(3) This license represents the complete agreement between the licenser and the licensee, regarding the computer program. Further understandings, agreements or declarations, regarding this computer program are excluded. Changes of the legal relationship of the licenser and the licensee are only possible by modification of this license. The licenser is not bound to one-sided supplementations to the license by the licensee. This license may only modified by a written agreement between you and the licenser. Those modifications are only effective between the licenser and the licensee.
(4) If not otherwise agreed upon or as long as there is a freedom of choice of the applicable right, the law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to this license contract.
(5) The German version of the license text is binding.